Data Categories / DC DOT
Washington, DC has established four levels of data. By default, data is considered to be open and sharable.
- Level 0. Open (the default classification)
- Level 1. Public, Not Proactively Released (due to potential litigation risk or administrative burden)
- Level 2. For District Government Use (exempt from the Freedom of Information Act but not confidential and of value within the agency)
- Level 3. Confidential (sensitive or restricted from disclosure)
- Level 4. Restricted Confidential (unauthorized disclosure can result in major damage or injury)
Read more in the chapter: 7.3.2 Data Sharing